The inaugural Islamic Fintech Dialogue (IFD2017), merged the Islamic finance industry with the financial technologies (fintech) industry on one platform. It was held in Lanai Kijang, Kuala Lumpur and had over 200 participants from Malaysia, Canada, Japan, Singapore, Jordan, Thailand, Indonesia, Mali, Kenya, Bangladesh, Sudan, and the Maldives.
The event featured 25 prominent speakers, which included:
• En. Marzunisham Omar, Assistant Governor, BNM
• Prof. Dr. Mohamad Akram Laldin, Executive Director, ISRA
• Dato’ Dr. Azmi Omar President & Chief Executive Officer, PCEO
• YM Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz, CEO AmInvestment Bank
• Mr. Yashesh Kampani, Head of Financial Services, IBM ASEAN
• Mr. Abdul Fattah Mohamed Yatim, Deputy Chairman, National Industry Standards
Committee on IT, Communications and Multimedia, Department of Standards Malaysia
• Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aznan Hasan, President, ASAS
• Ms. Azleena Idris, Head of Legal, Kuwait Finance House Malaysia Berhad
• Ms. Ruslena Ramli, Head of Islamic Finance, RAM Rating Services Berhad
The event was a great success and highlighted the need in the market for this type of forum that allows critical conversations revolving Islamic finance and financial technology to happen.